- CPU Freescale MPC8544E
- Frequency : Dual Core 1.067 GHz
- Memory : DDR3 512 MB
- Internal HDD/SSD : 2 x Seagate Barracuda st2000dm001 2 TB – SATA 3, 64 MB cache, 7200 rpm
- External HDD Interface : USB 3.0 Port X 2, USB 2.0 Port X 1, eSATA Port X 1, SD Card Port X 1
- LAN : 1 Gigabit interface
- Wake on LAN/WAN
currently installed version: Synology DSM 5.2-5644 Update 3
NAS with excellent performance, security features, convenient web interface, good external USB drive support and optional application packages, supports SyncBack (backup and synchronisation windows client)
FAN can be quieter, eSATA Port does not support the LaCie Big Disk Quadra 2Tb
Currently installed packages: Logitech Media Server (7.7.3-042), iTunes Server (1.1-2270), Perl (5.8.6-003).
This Network Attached Storage (NAS) device provides an optional package for media streaming to the Logitech Squeezeboxes like the Classic and Radio. The Logitech Media Server supports iTunes playlist integration. The Audio, Video and Photo Station packages provide browsing from Adroid and iOS smartphones. The Synology Media Server provides media streaming to dlna/UPnP compatible players.
iTunes Server notes:
– the music and video shared folders are both scanned by the iTunes server
– if you do not want your videos scanned and included in iTunes, then create a new shared folder and move all files from video to this new shared folder
Logitech Media Server (LMS) notes:
The configuration below still struggles with the iTunes plugin enabled to handle correctly playlists:
- Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 – 062.1018 @ Fri Jan 22 13:50:09 UTC 2016
this LMS version is the LMS Update based on the latest Synology package of Logitech Media Server, and updated to LMS 7.9.0. Read first the instructions on the Synology-Forum.nl (in Dutch).
- Operating system: Synology DiskStation (DSM 5.2-5644 Update 3) – EN – utf8
- Perl Version: 5.18.4 – powerpc-linux
- Audio::Scan: 0.95
- Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 18.104.22.168)
The iTunes library was generated by a MacOS X iTunes 64-bit version 22.214.171.124. Internet stream library entries and podcasts can cause a misbehaviour of the playlists and were removed. Apple’s Protected AAC Audio will not play and were converted (check my post how to convert).
– since the introduction of iTunes 12.x the iTunes library and playlist integration no longer works flawlessly